Blog: Resolutions for 2009
21 January, 2009
Yeah, yeah... New years resolutions. Who really expects to stick to them, or for them to be remembered for more than a couple of weeks? Lose weight, stop [insert bad habit], rah rah...
The reason I am posting this publically, and so late in January, is that I want the resolutions I list here to be monitored by you, the reader, and I wanted the list to be developed post-hype. I've often thought about new years resolutions around the celebratory new year date, and never really stuck to them.
So, here it is, my post-hype new years resolutions for 2009. If you find me getting off track or lazy on any of these, please let me know:
- Finish development on my personal site (this site) and relaunch for 1st February 2009.
- Redesign Slavitica to provide a well designed easy to use infrastructure for the posting of reviews and articles submitted by the community, by 1st march 2009.
- Contribute to the CakePHP community on an ongoing basis.
- Attain MySQL Certification by the end of the year.
- Attend an interest-based social meetings, such as Linux Groups, developer meetings etc, at least once.
- Reach my weight goal of 80Kg
- Save money for the future
Short and sweet, but these are the things that I want to get done in the year.